Monday, June 04, 2007

My Floating Row Cover Experiment




This is my floating row cover experiment. I'm going to use this mainly to keep the rabbits out. Here is where I planted some lettuce and carrots. I love those and know I and the family will eat these. I alternated each square foot with carrots (16 per sq.ft.) and Tom Thumb lettuce (4 per sq.ft.). When they seedlings start protruding enough to where the rabbits will want to eat them I will place some chicken wire at the opening and open and close it as needed. The water goes right through the cover. It does quite well. I am pleased so far.

Oh, I did plant a couple nasturtium up there in the left hand front corner. I didn't know where I wanted them and I needed to plant them or they would die so I just stuck them there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home