Sunday, June 03, 2007

Grapes!




After four years, I will FINALLY have some grapes! Yeah! The problem is, I recently bought an arbor to place at the entrance of the backyard (you can see in the topsy-turvy pictures below) so the grapes can climb around along with some clematis I planted awhile ago before the grapes were planted. The grapevine is totally wrapped around its present trellis.... I will eiher have to wait until winter to try and untangle it or I will just have to leave it in place and train the growing vines to go up and around the arbor. I would have bought an arbor sooner except that I couldn't find one I liked well enough for a reasonable amount of money.

This arbor was only $90 at BigLots. I REALLY like the wooden ones better but the ones I liked were anywhere from $300 on up. I didn't want to ask my dh to build me one because he and I think differently and he most likely would want one completely different than what I would probably want. We are already disagreeing on where the arbor should be placed--he wants it outside the fence, I want it inside next to the grapevine where I envisioned it. So we're at a standstill until he gets to the doctor and gets some blood pressure medicine because his blood pressure is high. I don't want him to stroke out on me because I insist on having it my way! I will wait until his blood pressure is controlled before I do that!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home