Monday, June 04, 2007

Future Orchard


Miller's peach tree planted this year

Shumway's peach tree planted last year
Partially school property


Here are my peach trees. They look very different from one another. One I bought from Shumways last year and one I bought from Miller's Nurseries and planted on this year's Earth Day. I think I might've pocketed some air when planting the Miller's peach tree this year. I hope it will come out of it. It only has one bud so far. I haven't had bugs on them yet as per someone I know on the ROE3 discussion list!

The longer view above is the whole area I where I want to plant more fruit trees (and ASAP!) We have a written agreement with the school corporation that we can plant A tree there if we mow the area and keep it clean up to the sidewalk. All of the area isn't our property there. So...I'm taking my chances. I have nowhere else to put fruit trees. I plan on planting pear and apple trees. If not both, I will use my inner backyard garden and try to grow some espalier dwarf apple trees and train them along the fence. Heaven forbid all of these things I'm growing along the fence if it falls down!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home